How to avoid session timeout while Booking Tatkal Ticket
Avoid session timeout while Booking Tatkal Ticket
IRCTC .com website is run by Illiterate bureaucrats!, Babus run it . The Junky website is hosted on Super slow servers with minimal bandwidth, and million of indians are accesing it all together, causing it to slowdown further. In this world of competition , We need Expert Tricks to Book a Tatkal Ticket. I know, You must be tired of seeing those “Session Time out messages” with your IRCTC account:
But there is a way out! You can avoid getting this error at all and when fighting online for Tatkal tickets this can be real time savior.
Refresh your page every 1 minute automatically Know More
Here is what you’ll need to do in short.
- Download & install Firefox browser ( world’s most popular browser)
- Install this Session Keeper plugin and provide IRCTC link
- Just login into IRCTC and your login will not expire as longs as your computer/network is on.
Here is how you do.
Download it from here. Installation is very easy. Now do the following step using Firefox
Now open Session Keeper Settings( I go from Tools -> Add-ons then scroll down, yours can be different depending on Firefox version):
Now click Options in it or you can simply click on a small red icon (labeled SK) in bottom right of you browser’s status bar:
This will open the following options:
Here there are 4 inputs you need to give( but don’t give it just now):
- Start Session Keeper when this URL is seen : http://www.irctc.co.in
- Stop Session Keeper when this URL is seen : http://www.techboy4u.com.com
- URL to ping to keep the session alive: <The first URL after login into IRCTC; explained below>
- How often to ping the above:2
Follow step by step.
- Go to Firefox Extensions, locate Session Keeper and enable it(if it is disabled) and then restart your Firefox.
- Now login into your IRCTC account:
- After you’ve successfully logged in, copy the URL link in the address bar and in my case it looks like this:
Or click this image and zoom this small image to see the same url:
- Go to Session Keeper’s options and give inputs as already explained above. In the third option paste the URL from address bar of your IRCTC account. Do it fast since your logged in account should not time out.
- Now you’re ready to go, open a new tab(Ctrl+T) in Firefox, keeping your session open and type this address :http://www.irctc.co.in ( this is the input you’ve given in the first option to start it).
- Check out the SK icon in the bottom right of the status bar of your browser it should be turned into green:If it is green then it means Session Keeper has started and every 2 minutes it will ping your IRCTC account page to keep your session alive. That means as long as your computer & Firefox is on and internet connected – your IRCTC session will not expire.
- When you’re done simply open another tab in Firefox(Ctrl+T) and type the URL you’ve given in the second option: http://www.techboy4u.com in the address bar to stop SK from running. Checkout the SK icon in the bottom right of your browser it should be red again otherwise it’d be unnecessarily running eating your computer time.
- Finally go to Extension Tab and locate Session Keeper and “Disable” it as explained above. When you need it next time enable it and restart browser.
IRCTC Tatkal Ticketing Terms & Conditions
Like any other ticketing service, IRCTC also has its own terms and conditions that are applicable for both online & offline ticket booking customers.
- You can book Tatkal tickets just one day before the day of the journey. For example, if you’re planning to go for a journey on 4th October, then you can book the tickets on 3rd October.
Note: Day of Journey implies the day of chart preparation and not the day of the reaching the desired boarding station.
- Tatkal tickets can be booked only after 10AM on any day for the next coming day.
- No refund will be made if a confirmed tatkal ticket is cancelled except in cases where your ticket is still in waiting list at the time of cancellation.
- In order to book a tatkal train ticket, you’ll need to present a copy of any one of the eight prescribed proofs of identity such as Aadhaar Card , Driving license, PAN Card, Voter ID, Govt.Issued I-Card, Student Identity Card, Passport, Bank Passbook, Credit Card.
- You’ll also need to carry the original copy of your submitted identity proof along with you while traveling.
Now, let’s look at the best working trick for booking Tatkal ticket without any hassle.The most frustrating thing every online user faces while booking a Tatkal ticket is the “session expire” error. It is very irritating when you’ve completed all the steps and the session is expired when you select the payment gateway or sometimes even before that. Even I’ve faced this issue several times and so I decided to find a solution to this issue
IRCTC Session Expired Solution:
The only working solution to this “Session Expired” problem is that you’ve to keep the session active until you book the ticket. In order to achieve that you’ll have to visit the following link in another browser and keep visiting the URL for every 3 minutes. Doing so will keep your session active.
Note: You’ll have to change the above code with your SESSIONID and BV_EngineID and then paste it in the browser other than the one you’re working on i.e., if you’re booking the tatkal ticket using IRCTC on Firefox, then open the above URL in Chrome or Internet Explorer and ping it for every 3 minutes or so to keep the session active.
To make it more clear, take the example below.
Your session will become active once you log into your IRCTC account. Here is the URL that contains the sessionID and engineID.
Note the SessionID and EngineID (marked in RED) and replace the above said URL with these parameters and open it in any browser other than the one on which the IRCTC website is opened. Do this until you complete your booking process.
So, our final URL that helps us keep the session active will look like the below one.
IRCTC Session Timed Out Solution:II (Easy Alternative)
If you’re still confused with the above trick, then ignore the above steps. Instead of replacing the above URL with parameters, simply open IRCTC website > Login > General > Terms & Conditions.
Now copy the URL of the terms & conditions page and open it from another browser. Ping it for every 3 minutes and your session will be kept alive until you complete your booking process.
Tips to book an IRCTC Tatkal ticket faster
In India, trains are one of the easiest and cheapest modes of transport. Over the years, booking train tickets has become convenient using the IRCTC. In India, trains are one of the easiest and cheapest modes of transport. Over the years, booking train tickets has become convenient using the IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation) website. In fact, according to the comScore and ASSOCHAM India report, IRCTC is the leading travel e-commerce site in the country with the highest transaction share in the travel category. One out of five online users in India visits the Indian Railways site, with almost 12 million unique visitors monthly and majority of the traffic is seen between 10 am to 12 pm. It is during this time that IRCTC allows booking Tatkal tickets, which means tickets that are reserved for people with last minute travel plans, travel emergencies and so on. IRCTC receives a lot of flak for its slow, sluggish performance and had become a laughing stock when the site crashed (server inability, low bandwidth) during the festivities last year, just minutes after Tatkal bookings began. Currently, it is said to sell about 40-45,000 Tatkal railway tickets between 10 am and 11 am (its 10 and 11, because all tickets are sold in one hour – in fact, 45 mins), which it plans to spruce up to 60-65,000 with the help of its new Rs. 10 crore drive for better, upgraded servers to 64GB RAM.
This will allow 80 lakh concurrent connections compared to the current 10 lakh. The Tatkal online booking window opens a day in advance before the date of your journey just for an hour and tens of thousands of people try to log into the Tatkal booking system, which makes it as tough as getting into an overcrowded Mumbai local train during the peak office hours.
If you’ve ever tried booking a Tatkal ticket, you will know how important each minute is and how annoying IRCTC’s online passenger reservation system can get. You have to make optimum use of each second as soon as the online booking counter opens, and those 5 to 10 minutes before the counter opens are also very crucial. We’ve laid out a guide to help you book a Tatkal ticket, along with a set of handy tech tools and tips and tricks that will help you bag a confirmed Tatkal ticket faster.
Keep the page active
First, the Tatkal or last minute online booking window opens only a day in advance of your journey between 10 am and 12 am. A person can book only two Tatkal tickets on one user id, so for any more tickets you will need to login using other IRCTC user ids. Now, you need to successfully log into the IRCTC reservation system at exactly 10 a.m., but remember, there are tens of thousands of other people trying to log into the site, so one needs to be really quick. Try to login using multiple accounts on different browsers such as Mozilla, Chrome, Opera or take a hand from your pals 10 minutes before. For this, ensure that your time is synced with the IRCTC server time, so that there are no issues due to difference in time as a delay in a minute means lesser chances of getting a ticket.
To know the IRCTC server time, click here, key in any number, click on “Get Schedule” and the lower right side will show you the exact broswer time at IRCTC, or you can even log into your IRCTC account. Besides, you can also use the Firefox add-on tool to sync the time with your computer. By installing the add-on, the userscript will provide the realtime view of what the server time is once you log into your IRCTC account. This add-on is also available for Chrome.
Once you log in with the IRCTC account, the key is to keep the session active. Those who have tried booking a Tatkal ticket may have often faced the error which says “Session expired”, which means you have to start logging in again, and this delay can cost you your ticket. To keep the session alive, ensure that the screen doesn’t go idle for more than 3 minutes, because as soon as it does, the session will expire. So do not spend time thinking which ticket to choose or go hunting for your debit/credit card details at the last minute; keep everything handy so that the screen doesn’t go idle.
As the only way to avoid the session from expiring is keeping the page active, here are two handy tricks. You can use this link. All you need to do is make a note of the Session ID and the Engine ID (from the address bar), replace it with your session and engine IDs and use the URL in another browser (For instance, if you are using Chrome, then use it in Firefox) and keep doing it till you complete your booking process. If you think this is a complicated method, then the other trick to keep your session active is by going to the IRCTC website > Login > General > Terms & Conditions. All you need to do is copy the “Terms and Conditions” URL in another browser and keep pinging it every 2-3 minutes.
As soon as you successfully log into IRCTC, choose the starting point and destination, then a list of trains will appear and you can choose the train and the ticket type – Sleeper, 3-tier AC, 2-tier AC and so on. You will then have to key in all the necessary details including an identity proof. One has to be really quick in filling these details and don’t forget to keep your identity proof handy. For instance, if you plan to choose the PAN card, then make a note of the PAN number. As you have to be very quick and can’t keep typing in details for minutes, here’s what you can do – keep all the information like name of the passengers, age, PAN number handy in a notepad and just copy paste the information while booking the ticket.
Magic Autofill tool
Another alternative is an extremely handy tech tool called Autofill that can be used on Firefox as well as Chrome. Using the autofill add-on or extension, you need to visit IRCTC, say, about half an hour or so before the Tatkal bookings begin. Just go to the usual ticket booking page and fill in your details. Simply follow the booking procedure till you reach the payment gateway and then go no further. The add-ons will ensure that the browser remembers these details and you will not have to spend a lot of time typing them while booking the Tatkal ticket. Another tool you can use is the Magic Autofill. To use this tool, fill in all your details and click on “I’m feeling lucky”, a “Magic Autofill” blue button will appear and you have to drag it into your bookmarks. While booking the Tatkal ticket, once you are done finalising the train and berth, click on the Magic autofill and it will do the rest and you can quickly proceed to payment.
The IRCTC website is jam packed and quite slow during Tatkal booking, so ensure that you are patient and do not double click on anything or hit the backspace button as this will log you off and you will need to start the complete procedure again. You will even come across a message that reads “Service Unavailable”; in this case, just keep refreshing the page. Once you are done with the payment, wait until it takes you back to the IRCTC page (unless the transaction fails).
These tech tools and simple tips and tricks will definitely increase the chances of bagging a confirmed ticket. Do share with us your experience of booking a Tatkal ticket. In India Train way is a cheapest way to travel, and hence over the year it’s convenient to book a ticket from IRCTC official website (www.irctc.co.in). So as a result IRCTC become India’s leading E-commerce Site with highest transaction in travel category. But ugly truth is booking tatkal tickets from IRCTC website is headache now a day because site is open from 10 am for tatkal booking and getting traffic from all over in India, as a result some time site is crashed (low bandwidth) or you are not able to login in first try. Currently it is said to sell 45,000 Tatkal tickets between 10 am to 11 am (or may be less time) so it is natural that traffic is huge between this time, Recently IRCTC upgrade its server to 64GB RAM, This will allow 80 lakh travellers to access IRCTC website compare to previous 10 lakh. Still we are facing same problem. So here I am for giving you a Tips and Tricks to book Faster Tatkal tickets on IRCTC website.
Tips to Quick Book Tatkal Ticket on IRCTC
Solution for “Session expired” Error
- Easy way to keep your session active is go to IRCTC website »» Login »» General »» Terms & Condition. Copy URL of Terms & Condition and Paste it to another browser and keep same (Or refresh) on 3 min interval.
- Second is, By the use of this link. All you need to do is make a note of the Session ID and the Engine ID (from the address bar), replace it with your session and engine IDs and use the URL in another browser, For example, if you are using Firefox, then use it in Chrome and keep doing it till you complete your booking process (This is bit complicated and useless too).
Solution for “Service Unavailable” Error
Magic Autofill for Indian Railway
Using Ad-ons or extension
Tatkal Ticket Booking Software
- Online Train Ticketing Operations
- Online Flight Booking Operations
Important Keywords Used :irctc login, irctc session timeout , irctc session expire time limit,how to keep session alive in irctc, how to keep irctc session alive , how to book tatkal train tickets online fast , irctc session expired , how to maintain session in irctc , avoid session expire irctc , keep session alive irctc , session expire time in irctc , session keeper , how i can alive my irctc session ,online tatkal train ticket booking tips and tricks, irctc keep session alive,how to avoid session timeout in irctc,tatkal booking , faster tatkal ticket , how to book a tatkal ticket , book a tatkal ticket faster , tatkal ticket irctc , irctc tatkal railway ticket booking , irctc.in , tatkal session expired , tatkal autofill,how to keep irctc session active,how to keep session active on irctc,